YOUTH CODE OF CONDUCT
If you are a youth rider taking part in Skipton Cycling Club activities, you must read and follow our Youth Code of Conduct.
- Arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
- Wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach
- Warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
- Play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions
- Be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition
- Control my temper – verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
- Work equally hard for myself and my club – remember, the club’s performance will benefit, and so will I
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- Pay any fees promptly
- Abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions
- Abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club
- Treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant
- Cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents – remember, without them there would be no competition
- Thank officials and opponents after competition.